Google AdSense is a program run by Google through which website publishers in the Google Network of content sites serve text, images, video, or interactive media advertisements that are targeted to the site content and audience. These advertisements are administered, sorted, and maintained by Google. Google AdSense provides a way for website owners to earn money from their online content. They can generate revenue on either a per-click or per-impression basis. Google uses its technology to serve advertisements based on website content, the user's geographical location, and other factors. Those wanting to advertise with Google's targeted advertisement system may enroll through Google AdWords. AdSense has become one of the most popular programs specializing in creating and placing banner and responsive ads on website and blogs. Responsive ads adjust themselves based upon user's device size. These advertisements are less intrusive and the content of the advertisements is often relevant to the website.
How does it work?
AdSense works by matching text and display ads to your site based on your content and visitors. The ads are created and paid for by advertisers who want to promote their products. It works in the following three steps
- You make your ad spaces available You make your ad spaces available by pasting ad code on your site, and choose where you want the ads to appear.
- The highest paying ads appear on your site
Advertisers bid to show in your ad spaces in a real-time auction. The highest paying ads show on your site.
- You get paid
Google handle the process of billing all advertisers and networks for the ads on your site, to make sure you receive your payments.
What does AdSense pay you for ?
AdSense is a third-party ad network for publishers. Advertisers buy advertisements on Google Adwords. Website owners can enroll in AdSense to enable text, image, and video advertisements on their websites. Google puts those Adwords advertisements on websites that use Google AdSense. The following is how webmasters who use Google AdSense get paid. AdSense will only pay you when your AdSense account reaches above $100. Then, on the month when you're account reaches $100, you will get paid in 30 days.
How much does AdSense pay per 1000 views ?
Apart from CPC, you will also earn from your CPM ad impressions. Irrespective of any niche, the average CPM earning is $1 to $1.5 per 1,000 impressions. You can make $40 to $60 per day from 40,000 page views.
Is Google AdSense free ?
No, participation in AdSense is free. Even better, Google will pay you for clicks or impressions on the Google ads you'll display on your site.
What is difference betweenAdWords and AdSense ?
There are three major differences
- The fundamental difference between AdWords and AdSense is who they're designed for. AdWords is for advertisers and AdSense is for publishers, or website owners. AdWords enables businesses and marketers to advertise on Google's network (search, display, etc.). Whereas, AdSense enables publishers to reserve space for AdWords placements on their website (text, video, images). Both AdWords and AdSense work together to complete Google’s greater advertising network: website owners put up space for Google’s ads (AdSense) and businesses set budgets and ads to display on Google’s advertising network (AdWords).
- Another major difference between them is that AdWords is used to buy advertising from Google, where AdSense is to sell advertising space to Google. With AdWords, businesses are paying Google to place their ads on Google’s search and display network. Whereas with AdSense, website owners are getting paid by Google to offer up precious website real estate for AdWords placements. Businesses that use AdWords will pay Google a sum based on their campaign budget. AdSense allows publishers to monetize their websites by displaying relevant Google AdWords ads. Publishers get paid when visitors click on the ads.
- The process for setting up AdWords and AdSense are different. To get started using AdWords or
AdSense you’ll need to sign up for a separate account for each. To sign up for AdWords, you can
set up an account and begin advertising in just minutes. All you need to start is:
- Your Google Account
- Sign in to AdWords using your email and password
- Set your preferences
- Your website URL
- Account type
- Your name and address
- Phone number
How much money can I make from AdSense with 1000 visitors per day ?
If your average CPC is $0.25 then you need 100,000/0.25 = 400,000 clicks a year (or approximately 1,000 clicks a day) to earn $100,000 a year from Google AdSense. Assuming that your Page CTR is 1% you need approximately 100,000 page views a day.
Does AdSense really pay ?
For every click a user makes on an AdSense Ad, Google will pay you a certain amount of money (from a few cents to a few dollars). So the amount of money that you will make from AdSense depends on the numbers of clicks your ads will receive.